Willow Springs Contest Submission Guidelines
- Every entrant receives a one year subscription to Willow Springs.
- The winner of the contest will receive a prize of $2,000, plus publication in Willow Springs.
- Include a $15.00 entry fee, or a $20.00 entry fee for international submissions. Submissions without an entry fee will not be judged.
- Send only one story per submission.
- You can submit a story online (see below) or through the U.S. postal sevice (see below).
- Use a check or money order only for hard copy submissions; cash will not be accepted. Please make the checks and money orders payable to Willow Springs.
- Use a credit card only for online submissions; cash will not be accepted.
- Submissions should be typed. Handwritten submissions will not be judged and the entry fee will not be refunded.
- There is no word limit for submissions.
- Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as a short bio, should appear in a cover letter included with your submission.
- Do not include indentifying information anywhere else in your submission.
- Submit only original, unpublished work. Contest entries may neither be previously published nor simultaneously submitted elsewhere.
- Do not send an SASE. If you would like confirmation that your work has been received, include a self-addressed, stamped postcard instead.
- Don’t send us your only copies—manuscripts will not be returned.
- Entries must be postmarked by March 1, 2011.
Additional Guidelines for Submitting Online (You can submit either online or through the mail.)
- Submit online here by March 1, 2011.
- This is the only place to submit online for the contest. If you’d prefer to submit via the mail, see below.
Additional Guidelines for Submitting Hard Copy (You can submit either online or through the mail.)
Please send hard copy entries to:
The Willow Springs Fiction Prize
501 N Riverpoint Blvd, Ste 425
Spokane, WA 99202