The yearly anthology produced by the UCD Creative Writing Masters is one of the highlights of the English department, showcasing the talent that UCD produces. As part of the fundraising efforts for this year’s anthology, the Creative Writing Masters group is running a competition open to all comers, from inside and outside the university.
One winner will be selected from the short story, another winner from the poetry submissions and their work, along with a quick bio will be included in the anthology. Likewise, one winner will be chosen from the artwork submissions and their work will appear on the front cover.
This is the first time such an opportunity has been made available, and is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in a career in fiction.
The contest is open to anyone, domestic and international, including all poets, writers and artists regardless of experience from NOW until September 14, 2011 at 11:59PM.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com.
You can also visit www.UCDAnthology.com for complete rules.
- Short Story: Stories should be between 2000 and 3000 words in length.
- Poems: All poems must be 40 lines or fewer, single or double line spacing. We limit the number of poetry submissions per entry fee to no more than 3 pieces.
- Artwork: Artwork can be of any type, digital, photography, drawing, etc. but must be themed “Perspective.”
- Submission attachments must be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf, .jpeg, .gif, or .png.
- Fees must be paid via Paypal and contest entries submitted via email.
- The entry fee is €10.00 (Euros) up to 3 poems, no longer than 40 lines in length.
- The entry fee is €10.00 (Euros) per short story between 2000 to 3000 words.
- The entry fee is €10.00 (Euros) per artwork themed “Perspective.”