By now most of us current students probably (hopefully) know a bit about Arts & Letters Hall– at least how to find our classrooms and professors’ offices. But did you know that the English Department has our very own private Student Resource Room in the second-floor English suite? Here’s what you need to know:
The Student Resource Room is located at 210-11 A&L Hall
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Walk-ins: Department of English graduate and undergraduate students may use the Center when it’s not reserved for a meeting or event. Students may use the Center for quiet work (using the computers, checking bulletin board notices, using department reference materials, etc.).
Reservations: Department of English student organizations and student work groups may reserve the Student Resource Center. The Center cannot be reserved for meetings and events outside the Department of English.
- Check the calendar posted next to the entrance door of the Center for dates and times when the room is available
- Write in the date box on the calendar:
- The time period for meeting or event (for example, 1:00-2:30 pm)
- A description of the meeting or student organization name
- Contact information (email and phone) for the person reserving the room
Reservations after hours:
The Center may be used after hours only if an instructor or staff person reserves the room for students or student organizations. The instructor or staff person assumes the responsibility of making sure the Center’s door and the department office doors on the 2nd floor are locked afterwards.
Evening meetings and events cannot go beyond 9:15 p.m. (when evening classes end).
Contact: Cathy Clark at CCLARK6@depaul.edu or in room 210-02 if you have questions about using the Center.
Guidelines: The following guidelines apply in the Center:
- Reserve the Center for meeting and events by using the calendar posted by the door.
- Food is only allowed in the Center for organization/department meetings and events.
- Department books and reference materials are not to be removed from the Center.
- Students may use the computers for research and for student organization work.
- Personal items should not be left unattended.
- Department business offices are located nearby. Remember to leave quietly.
Bulletin Board: A bulletin board is available for faculty, staff, and English department student organizations to post flyers and announcements. Flyers and announcements should be approved by Cathy Clark before posting.
Reference Materials: Faculty may leave reference materials for students’ use, labeled with the lender’s name. These should not be taken from the Center. Books and journals belonging to the department will be available for students’ use (in the Center). The Center has two bookcases for department books and reference materials.
Catering: Persons reserving the Center for meetings and events may bring in food or order from Chartwell’s. They are responsible for making sure leftovers are removed and trash cleaned up after the event.
P.S. We couldn’t resist showing off a bit with photos of the art in our new building! If you’d like to see more, head over to our Flickr page.