Welcome back, students and faculty, from what was hopefully a very relaxing spring break! In case you did a little too much relaxing and forgot what was posted on Ex Libris before the break, here are a few reminders of upcoming dates and deadlines.
- Saturday March 31st-Anthony Grafton will be speaking about the future of the book in downtown Chicago as part of the Chicago Humanities Festival. Follow the link to learn how to get free tickets.
- Saturday March 31st- …is also the last day of open submissions to the Barely South Review’s fall issue.
- Monday April 2nd- Deadline to send your proposals to The University of St. Thomas for their conference on “Writing as a Public Act.”
Applications for a Fall 2012 Internship in Teaching English in the Two-Year College are due to Prof. Carolyn Goffman by Friday, April 20th at 5 p.m.
Please provide PAPER COPIES of the following:
- One-page cover letter explaining your interest in the internship. Include information about your availability (scheduling restrictions, other jobs or responsibilities) and transportation (that is, do you have a car, or will you be relying on public transportation?)
- C.V. ,including names of references (you do NOT have to provide letters of reference unless requested later)
Please send these ELECTRONICALLY:
- Writing Sample (in Word format)
- Transcripts (unless you prefer to send hard copies). If you are NOT in the MAE or MAWP programs, please include undergraduate transcripts. They do not have to be official versions; a photocopy is fine.
If you have any questions about the internship or the Teaching English in the Two-Year College Certificate, please email Prof. Goffman at email@example.com.
The University Center for Writing-based Learning at DePaul is looking for empathetic and intellectually curious undergraduate and graduate students to work as peer writing tutors during the 2012/2013 academic year. Applications are due on April 23rd, 2012 at noon.