All DePaul English graduate students, undergrads, and faculty are invited to the English Department’s End-of-the-Year Party on Friday, June 1st. Stop by the DePaul Art Museum from 3:00-5:00pm for refreshments, awards, and fun to celebrate the end of a successful year.
The American Bar Association Section of Litigation is seeking an editor/project manager who can work on a contract basis for two months, with renewal or permanent position possible. Work consists of editing and posting content of 12 Section of Litigation committee e-newsletters. Additional responsibilities include choosing articles for social media release and writing blurbs to suit, copyediting and proofreading materials prepared by other Section departments, tracking and reporting data, and other tasks for the Section and ABA Publishing as needed.
- Solid copyediting/proofreading skills as demonstrated by performance on a test
- Ability to handle numerous simultaneous projects and overlapping deadlines with equanimity
- Highly developed project management/time management skills
- Sophisticated communication skills for daily interaction with lawyer volunteers and cooperative engagement with staff of numerous departments
Experience that is a plus:
- Web content production/rewriting for web
- Working with volunteer contributers/editors
- Working with freelancers
- Writing/rewriting headlines and decks
- Editing legal materials
- Curating editorial for social media distribution
Minimum of three years publishing experience required.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Anna Sachevda, a DePaul MAW alum, at email@example.com.