All are encouraged to attend a RESUME AND JOB SEARCH WORKSHOP FOR ENGLISH STUDENTS on Wednesday, May 30th from 5:00-6:00p.m. in Arts & Letters Hall Room 308. The workshop will by run by Ed Childs of the DePaul Career Center.
Current MAE and MAWP students looking for a summer internship should check their email for six summer internship opportunities available exclusively to DePaul students at this time.
In These Times has a job opening for a Web Editor. In These Times, a not-for-profit national monthly magazine based in Chicago, seeks an editor to manage inthesetimes.com and guide the magazine’s continued expansion into the digital frontier. Who are we looking for? A journalist and digital strategist who:
- loves to think big about how serious journalism can survive on the Internet.
- has experience managing a journalistic website, and knows what CMS and SEO stand for
- has edited everything from blog posts to 3,000-word feature stories—quickly.
- wants to play a multifaceted role in a mission-driven progressive organization.
- is comfortable managing writers and interns.
The person hired will also help edit the print edition of the magazine. A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to In These Times’ mission is required. The successful applicant is expected to be fully involved in working with the staff in planning the magazine’s expansion and growth. HTML/CSS and photo editing skills strongly preferred.
Salary based on experience. Four-weeks paid vacation. Employer matched 401(k). Employer-paid medical and dental benefits. Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples and two editing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls. This Chicago-based position will remain open until filled. In These Times is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ethnicities and genders are encouraged to apply.