Each year at our End-of-Year celebration the English Department takes time to recognize the achievements of our students. On June 1st, 3-5pm, at the DePaul Art Museum, we will be honoring graduate students who earned distinction on their Comprehensive exams and/or are receiving their master’s degree “with distinction.”
We also want to recognize graduating students who have presented scholarly papers or given public readings of their creative work as well as those who have published their work, completed a thesis, or been accepted to a doctoral or M.F.A. program.
If you have accomplishments you want to have recognized at the English department celebration, please send them to the graduate office care of Jan Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All are invited to attend DePaul’s First Annual Interdisciplinary Student Conference: MOVEMENTS, MIGRATIONS, CROSSING BORDERS on Wednesday, May 30th, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the SAC, Room 154. Student presentation topics will include:
- Race, Rhetoric and Nationalism
- Transnational Migrations
- Contending Conversations in Ethnic Studies
- Border Crossers
- Latin American and Latino Students
The Keynote Lecture will be presented by Isabel Wilkerson, author of The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration. Wilkerson’s presentation will take place from 6:30—8:30 p.m. in the Student Center Room 314A. Food will be provided.
Click to enlarge the flyer for more information.
Chicago Magazine has a job opening for a Social Media Manager. They are seeking someone who has a hunger for emerging technologies and a passion for news. You must enjoy connecting with people, have a deep understanding of journalism ethics, and proven experience growing online communities.
Chicago Magazine is attached to the biggest monthly city magazine in the country. In the Chicago area, they out-circulate national publications like People, Newsweek, and InStyle. Much like the magazine, their digital products offer a high-quality, local, authentic lifestyle guide for an affluent, intelligent, and active audience. The digital products are Web-focused, not magazine-focused. Everything from site design to stories to integrated social media properties reflect this view.
- Two years experience managing social media channels on behalf of a brand or organization
- Degree in journalism, English, or communications preferred
- Solid understanding of SEO, both generally and how it relates and applies to specific social media platforms
- Excellent self-management, organization, and project management skills
- Strong understanding of the social media industry
- Strong research and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to extract relevant information
- Strong editorial writing skills
- Ability to quickly master new processes, technologies, and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiation and executive interaction, and the ability to coach and mentor others
- Strong public speaking skills
Please visit http://chi.mg/MDSw0m for position and application details.