Accomplishments, Awards, Publications, and Scholarships:
- Guest Reader, DePaul Student Writers Series, Radio DePaul, January 2012.
- Contributor & Editor, How Long Will I Cry? at Steppenwolf Theatre and in the forthcoming book.
- Coffee Boy (short play) published in Threshold 2012.
- Reader, inaugural line-up of That’s All She Wrote reading series @ Swim Cafe, October 2012.
- Nonfiction Editor, Threshold 2013.
- Presenter, “The Pantry” (Creative Nonfiction), DePaul English Conference 2013.
- Reader, DePaul Reading Series @ Bourgeois Pig, April 2013.
- Contributor, Independent Voices: A Small Press Sampler, forthcoming at the new LitCity312 web site.
Favorite Courses at DePaul: I loved all my classes, but a special shout out to The Art of the Interview with Miles Harvey and Speculative Fiction with Rebecca Johns-Trissler.
- Look for a job that doesn’t involve serving pizza to children, as adorable as many of them may be.
- Give some love to the unread non-school books and AWP lit mags crying on my book shelves.
- Rekindle my participation with the Chicago Storytelling/Live Lit Scene.
- Explore freelance opportunities.
- Finish and submit some short stories.
- Get back to my YA novel.
- Keep up with all of you. (Hit me up at michaelvankerckhove.com)