Accomplishments, Awards, Publications, Affiliations:
- Student Leader and Tutor with Depaul’s TRiO SSS program.
- Graduate Assistant in College of Education’s Academic Success Center.
- Member of Writer’s Guild, DePaul Cabal, and a regular reader at Molly Malone’s
- Read in 2012 and 2013 Aloud! events
- Read fiction at the 2013 EGSA conference
- Invited to read at Meredith Boe’s and Colin Harris’ Bourgeois Pig Reading Series.
- Led discussions at the 2012 and 2013 DePaul Peer Tutor/Mentor Conference
- A one-act play “Heezle Sneezle” and a short story “Hollow Moon” forthcoming in Threshold.
- “Roasting Box” a short essay produced in Professor Anton’s Literature of Fact class placed in the Top 25 of Glimmer Train‘s 2013 Very Short Fiction Competition.
- “Obsolescence” a short story produced in Professor Gautier’s Mentors in Craft class was a finalist in Cutthroat Journal‘s 2012 Rick Demarinis Contest and was later published by Saw Palm: Florida Literature & Art.
- “Amaranthus” a short story produced in Professor Sneed’s class won the Soul-Making Keats 2012 Mary Mackey Competition and was later published by 34th Parallel.
- A short excerpt of Immaculate Mulch produced in Professor Gautier’s Novella Writing class placed in the top 25 of Glimmer Train‘s 2012 Family Matters Competition.
Favorite Courses at DePaul: Any class with Professor Gautier is an absolute pleasure. I’ve had such great experience in all classes at DePaul: Anton, Stolar, Sneed, Goffman. Professor Sirles’ class on Language and Style was one of the more challenging courses, but it allowed me to find new ways to communicate and structure sentences and images. The 2-year College Teaching Internship facilitated by Professor Goffman is a must for anyone that wants to teach.
Post-graduation Plans: I will join the University of Lincoln-Nebraska’s PhD in Creative Writing program in August as a teaching assistant.