Here are some helpful hints from Assistant Director Jan Hickey for students entering the program:
As you register for your first or second quarter in your program, it is important that you be introduced to, become familiar with and continue to use the following strategies. They will assist you in progressing toward degree completion in a timely manner.
• Refer to the program websites and Blackboard sites often! They are your best reference in determining the required core courses for each program and which degree requirements the other courses fulfill.
• We inform students of important dates, deadlines, etc. through email, Blackboard and Ex Libris. Be sure to check these sites often so that you do not miss those deadlines. Also be sure to let us know of any change in email address and contact information.
• To find the course offerings for each quarter, check Ex Libris or the English Department graduate website. To discover the requirements that each course fulfills, check Ex Libris.
• If after consulting the above sources you still have questions about registering for classes, please contact Dr. John Shanahan, MAE Program Director, at JSHANAH1@depaul.edu.
• English 471 may not be used for degree credit in the MAWP.
• WRD courses, with the exception of Teaching Courses, can only be taken with the written permission of your program director.